Monday, November 17, 2008

My Thoughts On Dino Martin Jr.



Hey pallies, likes I tend to rarely share my personal Dino-opinions here at the ol' ilovedinomartin Dinoblog...besides my all comsumin' passion for our great man, but today on the anniversary of the birth of our Dino's beloved boypallie Dino Jr. I have decided to make a rare exception.

As all us pallies know Dino Jr. was the apple of our Dino's eye, and I believe that our Dino was hopin' that his name sake would follow in his footsteps as heir apparent to the King of Cool. Dino Jr. career started on with a real bang when he played in the teen band Dino, Desi, and Billy....at it's time one of the most successful Rock and Roll groups to come out of America. Like his cool daddy-o, Dino Jr.'s looks, natural charm and musical ability captured the hearts of the youth of his day. But, at some time in his late teens or early twenties, Dino Jr. decided to go his own way....requestin' that everyone tagg him Dean Paul Martin instead of Dino Jr.....although mother Jeanne always tagged him Dino....and went from one thing to the next...wantin' to be a doctor, then a professional tennis player, then a airplane pilot...graspin' after one thin' and the other tryin' to make his own way in the world instead of bein' willin' to follow after his amazin' father. Many of us had high hopes that Dino Jr. woulda come to his senses and seek to be more like our Dino...and Dino's boypallie did do some TV...includin' starrin' in "Misfits of Science" and some actin' in movies includin' a acclaimed starrin' role in "Players."
It was especially after Dino Jr. starred in "Players" that it looked like he just might let go of doin' life his way and accept his given path of followin' the lead of our great man. But, that was not to be. It is understandable that Dino Jr. wanted to make his own place in the world, but if he had accepted the path so naturally laid before him, I believe that he woulda found the fame, fortune, and respect that he so much desired....and in my opinion would still be alive today and woulda be the natural person to have continued to spread the Dinomessage after his father's death. Everyone agrees his death was so tragic and hurt our Dino to the core of his bein'....and it is my believe that all this pain and heart ache coulda been avoided if Dino Jr. had just claimed his Dinodestiny and accepted the righta and responsibilities of bein' heir to the Dinothrone. These are just my Dinothoughts, but I share 'em with you on this day when we remember the birth of Dino Jr. Dinowonderin', DMP

8 comments:

Keith said...

Hey pallie DMP. Wow! Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing that with us. It was really cool reading your thoughts on Dino Jr. Yeah, there was so much potential there. I think he could have been a big star. He had it in him to follow his own way. I think most people do want to make their own way. He seemed to take it further than most people. I do think his life would have turned out much differently if he had have gotten focused back on an entertainment career. He most certainly wouldn't have died when he did. We know that had a major impact on the life of our Dino. It's so sad that Dino Jr.'s life was cut so short. It would have been great to see what he would have gone on to do. Cheers!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Keith, thanks dude...glad you dig the Dinothoughts..been thinkin' 'bout this for a long Dinotime and took this Dino-occasion to share what has been in my Dinoheart...

ATOMIC GEM said...

WOW I'M IMPRESSED BY YOUR WRITE UP ON YESTERDAY'S DAY IN REMEMBRANCE OF DINO JR., AND I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THIS SAME WAY PALLIE 'BOUT WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. IT WAS SUCH A SHAME...EVERYTHING THE WAY IT WAS. I GUESS OUR DINO WILL HAVE TO BE THE ONE REMEMBERED AS THE TRUE LEGEND ON HIS OWN. WHAT A GREAT POST PALLIE! I LOVE IT! THANKS FOR POSTING SUCH A HEARTFELT REMEMBERENCE.

Glenn Bishop "Bish The Magish" said...

Great post Dino Martin Peters.

I remember Dino Dezi and Billy and those days very well.

Thanks for giving us your thoughts. It is sad to lose one so young and such a great performer.

Thanks again.

Glenn Bishop

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Terri, likes thanks so much for your Dinosupport...this is somethin' that I have been Dinothinkin' and Dinofeelin' 'bout for such a long Dinotime and finally decided to put those Dinothoughts and Dinofeelin's in to Dinowords....

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Glenn, likes you were really apart of my Dinoinspiration to do this Dinopiece...you are always sayin' at your great blog...just my opinion...so you helped me to decide to share my Dinothoughts on Dino Jr....thanks for you help with this....

Glenn Bishop "Bish The Magish" said...

Thanks for the kind words Dino Martin Peters.

And may I say again how much I enjoy reading your blog.

Keep up the great work you are doing here it is a pleasure to come over and read it.

Thanks again.

Glenn Bishop

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Glenn, and might I say that with pallies like you it it even more of a Dinopleasure to keep spreadin' the Dinomessage in this Dinoway....