Monday, March 02, 2009

"he's been stoned more often than United States embassies...."


Hey pallies, found some cool Dinorefs at a blog tagged "Hail! Good Fellow, Well Met." This dude Schottzie shares a post tagged "The Music Gods: Random iPod Shuffle" and the first tune he shuffled was our Dino singin' "Volare." Later on, what appears on the iPod but a frankie mono from his "Live At The Sands" where he makes a cool Dino-observation 'bout our Dino's drinkin' habits....just may have to gets that frankie disc...now woulda that be a Dinofirst for this Dinoholic.... Below are the Dinothoughts, but likes if you wanna read the whole post, just clicks on the tagg of this Dinogram. The Dino and the frankie pix is one that I have never ever seen before...but shows our Dino's strength of character... Dinodelightedly, DMP


VOLARE Dean Martin
He is a silky smooth SOB, Mr. Martin. This is one of those tunes that, via compilations, shows up in my library three or four times, but I'm always glad to hear it.
"no wonder my happy heart sings, your love has given me wings...."

FRANK SINATRA MONOLOGUE (LIVE AT THE SANDS) Frank Sinatra
Now we're talking. Listen as Frank laments buying a pumpkin patch only to find they've cancelled Halloween, explains the hotel renovations, and mentions the alcoholism of his dear friend Dean Martin....
"he's been stoned more often than United States embassies...."
This album is UNREAL, it's Frank at his prime, live at the Sands, and backed up by The Count Basie Orchestra. The monologue is worth an occasional listen too.
"Sammy Davis wrote a book called, 'Yes I Can', I sent him a wire that said, 'No you can't'"

6 comments:

Keith said...

Hey pallie DMP. Cool post. I really liked that. That would be too funny to imagine you buying a Frankie CD. lol Cheers!

Unknown said...

Very cool blog, Dino. Thanks for stopping by...not sure how much you read of my blog, but in a post titled"1,000 miles and a cloud of meat", you'll discover that I was once in San Juan with a Dean Martin impersonator.

Now if you'll excuse me, I require a nap. I had a bowl of bourbon and crackers for breakfast and it ain't layin' right.

Musta been the salt.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Keith, knews you would dig the frankie makin'funny with our Dino...and yes, I thinks I found an inexpensive way to gets this frankie dialogue....for our Dino I never ever spare any expense, buts then for the frankie, gotta gets him on the cheap....

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Schottzie, thanks for droppin' some Dinopatter...and of course you are excused in the name of Dino...will trys and checks out that Dinopost of yours...and please stop by often for all thin's Dino........

ATOMIC GEM said...

THIS IS GREAT PALLIE...ESPECIALLY THE PHOTO. WHAT A GREAT REASON TO BUY A FRANKIE CD.....BECAUSE OF DINO! HEH! DINOGAL

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Terri, knews you woulda understand my Dinologic...if it's 'bout Dino, it is so truly worthy of our Dinoattention...thanks for droppin' some Dinopatter this Dinoway....