Monday, September 14, 2009

a Dinolicious new romantic comedy

Hey pallies, are we in for a Dinotreat or are we in for a Dinotreat! Miss Janice Hanna Thompson, writer of the romantic fiction "Fools Rush In" has favored all us Dinoholics by writin' an exclusive piece of Dinoprose where in she shares all the Dinodetails 'bout new Dinonovel.

Image ever single chapter title of her new Dinotome features a tagg from a Dinotune. Never ever thought that our Dino woulda be featured in a tome of Christian Romance, but how stellar is this. This is sure to bring a whole new group of pallies to know, love, and honor our Dino!!!!

To goes to Miss Janice Hanna Thompson's web site, likes just clicks on the tagg of this here Dinogram. I have already got my copy on order from my local book joint (always encourage pallies to buy locally if possible) and oughta have it in my hot little hands by sometime on the Dinomorrow!

Miss Janice, included the followin' Dinocomment with this Dinoarticle......
"Thanks so much for posting this! I'm tickled that we have Dino in common." Well pallie, thanks so much to you for writin' this Dinoexclusive for ilovedinomartin and yeah, we're like so Dinopumped to have our Dino in common with you as well. Thanks so much for liftin' of the name of our Dino in "Fools Rush In." Dino-only, DMP


Mambo Italiano!

Hi Dino fans! Janice Thompson here, author of Fools Rush in, a Dinolicious new romantic comedy that features the croonings of your favorite hunk-o-man, Dean Martin. I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember. There’s something about Dino’s voice that sends shivers down the spine. . .in a good way. A couple of weeks ago I watched the infomercial about Dean Martin’s show and laughed until I cried. I still love those old episodes and all of his crazy antics! Talk about a natural comedian.

Ironically, I didn’t set out to write a book based on Dean Martin’s song titles. In fact, I didn’t set out to write this book at all. It happened accidentally! One night while crawling into bed, one line came to me: “If Uncle Lazarro hadn’t left the mob, I probably wouldn’t have a story to tell.” I didn’t know who Uncle Lazarro was. . .or why he was bothering me when I wanted to sleep! From that one line, this wacky story (Fools Rush In) evolved. Before long the whole book was written with a fun-loving Italian flair!

So. . .who is Uncle Lazarro? He’s a pizza-making Italian from New Jersey, recently transplanted to Galveston Island, Texas. His pizza restaurant (Parma Johns) features ONLY the croonings of Dean Martin. He plays no other music at the restaurant. And all of his pizza specials are named after a Dean Martin song. There’s the Mambo Italiano special (spicy sausage pizza), the Pennies from Heaven special (meatball pizza), the Simpatico Special (half pepperoni/half Canadian bacon pizza), the South of the Border Special (taco-style pizza) and the Volare Special (lowfat cheese pizza). In the end, one of the characters in the story names a new pizza the Bamboozled Special (BBQ pizza.)

Each chapter in the book is a Dino song title (including all of the songs named above). Here are some of my other favorite chapter titles: Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime. Who’s Sorry Now? Walk on By. Return to Me. Please Don’t Talk About Me When I’m Gone. Walking my Baby Back Home. You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You. Memories are Made of This. Make the World Go Away. Turn the World Around. In the Chapel in the Moonlight. Baby, it’s Cold Outside. That’s Amore.

To get myself psyched up to write, I purchased several Dino songs from itunes, bought a Dino CD and visited the Dino youtube videos. I must’ve played Mambo Italiano a hundred times during the weeks I was writing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-7Ap6J_FU). Talk about inspiring.

I should add that Uncle Lazarro’s arch-enemy in the book is a woman named Rosa who only listens to Frank Sinatra. They have an ongoing feud about who is the better singer. You can imagine how much fun that is! (And by the way, the second book features Sinatra tunes as chapter titles.)

I’ll save the rest of my Dino experiences for your interview. In the meantime, thanks for telling your readers about my book! Hope everyone laughs as much as I did while writing it!

Here’s the link to my website: www.janiceathompson.com and here’s my email: booksbyjanice@aol.com

Book Info: http://www.bakerpublishinggroup.com/thompson%5Feblast/

Book Promo Video (YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TufSwOeXuoU

To read the first two chapters of the book online:http://www.revellbooks.com/Media/MediaManager/Excerpt_9780800733421.pdf

Romantic Times Spotlight: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/stage/authors_spotprev.php?id=605

Buy Fools Rush in at amazon.com here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0800733428/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=08AVC0VFEXKRNQTXT7DR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846


Janice Hanna Thompson
"Love, Laughter and Happily Ever Afters!"
www.janiceathompson.com
Read my Examiner articles: http://www.examiner.com/x-9237-Houston-Wedding-Planning-Examiner

4 comments:

Gayle Carline said...

How cool! I don't usually read romance novels (make mine a mystery) but I may have to pick this up!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, me no read romance either, but can't wait to get my hands on this Dinotome....how cool is it that more and more authors are turnin' to our Dino for inspiration.....btw, how are thin's goin' with your stellar "Freezer Burn"?

Gayle Carline said...

Things are going great. I'll be heading up to northern California this weekend for a signing, then attending an author's luncheon, visiting some book clubs... it's quite a whirlwind.

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review - it looks great on my publisher's website!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes you are most Dinowelcome....so happy to hear that thin's with the book are goin' well...have a great time promotin' the book..safe travels and perhaps some of the folks you meet along the way may provide interestin' characters for future books...good thin's oughta come to a great lady likes you!