Monday, December 21, 2009

My youngest daughter actually requested a Dean Martin CD last year for Christmas so she would be able to play it on her own....

Hey pallies, welcome to day 21 of our Dino-seasonal remembrance time. Dino-winter-time is all 'bout lovin' our Dino and sharin' that Dino-amore with others. Well, today's Dino-celebration is all 'bout lovin' our Dino and sharin' Dino-love with others. This Dino-prose comes from a blogg tagged "Just A Girl" modded by a Dino-lovin' lady named Gabrielle. (To go there, as usual, just clicks on the tagg of this Dinopost)

As you will read below Miss Gabrielle grew up lovin' our Dino and by the tender age of eight she proclaims "I knew for sure I wanted to marry the man..." Not only does she loves our great man, but she also is raisin' her youngens to dig Dino as well....very cool in my Dino-book.

I loves to read Dino-testimony how one generation is passin' on the Dino-genes to the next insurin' that our Dino will always always be remembered. Well Miss Gabrielle has done such a great job of showin' her Dino-devotion to her brood, that gets this pallies, her "youngest daughter actually requested a Dean Martin CD last year for Christmas so she would be able to play it on her own, in her Strawberry Shortcake CD player... she was just about to turn three then."

How great to see such a babe in arms askin' for some Dino of her very own---especially at Dino-winter-time... This is one fam who is doin' their part to spread the Dino-love in their household. Thanks Miss Gabrielle for settin' such a stellar example of passin' on your love of our great man to your loved ones. Dino-sharin', DMP

btw pallies, our Dino inspired me to share that heart-warmin' Dinoclip of him doin' "Thank Heaven For Little Girls" from the Dino-show. Not exactly a Dino-seasonal selection, but how appro to use with this post that puts the accent on a little girl who wants her some Dino-tunes.




All throughout the year, Dean Martin... the King of Cool, is a permanent fixture on our iPods. Always at the top of my list and Christmas time's no different. The smoothest, sexiest voice and smoldering good looks(they come through the airwaves.. you know) are hard to beat. I've grown up with Dino, as my kids will. My youngest daughter actually requested a Dean Martin CD last year for Christmas so she would be able to play it on her own, in her Strawberry Shortcake CD player... she was just about to turn three then. It still cracks me up. "Marshmallow World" is our favorite. When I was about six I began watching his hilarious movies with Jerry Lewis and the movies let to his music. By eight, I knew for sure I wanted to marry the man... I guess not getting the concept of the slight age difference. So, we keep the spirit by listening to Dino and Ella Fitzgerald and some Peggy Lee. Of course, throwing some silly songs in just for fun. Who's your favorite at Christmas?

4 comments:

Marcos Callau said...

I think I've got a lot of favorite Christmas songs but when I think of Christmas I think of "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby, "The Christmas song" by Nat King Cole, "I'll be home for Christmas" by Sinatra, "The Christmas Blues" by Dean Martin, "What are you doing New Year's eve?" by Ella Fitzgerald and "When my heart finds Christmas" by Harry Connick Jr. Well it's a sellection.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, thanks for sharin'...glad to see that our Dino is in your seasonal mix....have a great Dino-winter-season...

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

But pallie, nothin' like Dino when he's a-swayin' with his jokin', smokin' and intoxicatin'.

Even in Singapore, my pallies still have Dino-talks. "Baby It's Cold Outside..." but when we hear his singin' inside. "That's Amore".

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, man I couldn't agree with you Dino-more...as you sez..."nothin' like Dino when he's a-swayin' with his jokin', smokin' and intoxicatin'." Hopes you have a wonderful celebration of Dino-winter-month...