Sunday, May 29, 2011

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Little Ole Wine Drinker Me"

Hello again Pals o mine! Well friends...I gotta be honest. I wasn't quite sure what song to put up for this week's serenade. I usually think about it all week til' it just comes to me. This week, however, I was just drawin' a blank!

Not knowin' what to do, I started surfin' good ol' youtube. Man, there are so so many great great tunes from our great great man that I was like still totally baffled!!! Thins' weren't lookin' good pals. I decided to just put it on the ol' back burner tonight and pour myself my very own homemade vino.

Then, as I looked down at that beautiful little glass of squished grapes...it came to me! I started thinkin' bout' my dear ol' pop. Every time he would pour himself a glass of wine, he would always always raise his glass and sing that one wonderful line..."Little ol' wine drinker me!"

So here we go friends...a great live performance from the 1988 tour with the newly reunited "Pack". So lets raise a glass to Dino...my Pop, and this vino sippin' classic! Enjoy!

Danny G.



LITTLE OLE WINE DRINKER ME

I'm prayin' for rain in California,
So the grapes can grow and they can make more wine,
And I'm sittin' in a honky in Chicago,
With a broken heart and a woman on my mind.

I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox,
And the music takes me back to Tennessee,
When they ask who's the fool in the corner, crying,
I say, that little ole wine drinker me.

I came here last week from down in Nashville,
'Cause my baby left for Florida on a train.

I thought I'd get a job and just forget her,
But in Chicago a broken heart is still the same.

I matched the man behind the bar for the jukebox,
And the music takes me back to Tennessee.
When they ask who's the fool in the corner, crying,
I say that little ole wine drinker me.
I say that little ole wine drinker me.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

From the Together Again Tour in 1988, this is our Dino's best version ever of this song!

Our Dino was 71 at the time he performed this gem.

Danny G. said...

Right you are AOW! A TRUE classic and never done better!

Danny G.