Monday, May 09, 2011

Everyone Needs a Little Dean Martin in Their Life…

Hey pallies, likes I gotta 'fess up that basically I chose to share today's Dino-thoughts with ya mostly 'cause of the tag of the blog post....."Everyone Needs a Little Dean Martin in Their Life…."

Simply loves that Dino-thought, 'though of course I woulda ammend it a wee bit by sayin'..."....."Everyone Needs HUGE QUANITIES OF Dean Martin in Their Life…" Hahaha!

That great title comes from the fun titled blog "aupairwithcurlyhair" where blogger Lexie (missbrecke) holds forth on "My new life in Rome…the short version!" From readin' some other of her blog posts it is apparent that this young lady is Americano and has been in Rome a few short months servin' as a nanny for two young Roman boys.

From readin' this post it appears that Miss Lexie has been listenin' and watchin' MTV Italia which features the "top 50 Italian hit songs," which certainly musta include a ton of Dino-classics. Anyway, this youngen speaks of eatin' "fagioli e pasta" for dinner and how that brought her some sweet Dino-memories...as Miss Lexie sez,.....In the back of my mind I could hear Dean Martin singing softly,” when the stars make you drool just like pasta ”fazool”…that’s amore..”

ilovedinomartin sez our thanks to Miss Lexie Brecke for sharin' her Dino-passion in this way and helpin' others to celebrate the life and teachin' of our beloved Dino. We wishes Miss Lexie the best as you serves as au pair in Rome, and encourage her to keeps spreadin' the Dino-message wherever she can. To view this in it's original format, likes just clicks on the tag of this Dino-post. Dino-loved, DMP


Everyone Needs a Little Dean Martin in Their Life…

Posted on April 25, 2011 by missbrecke

Dear MTV Italia,

I have become addicted to this channel. Sometimes it is some normal stupid shows from the States but I enjoy it most when it is the top 50 Italian hit songs. There is a little icon that says, “Italians do it better” in the corner of the screen. Makes me laugh. Ahhh Monday, bloody Monday. Everyone was off school and work so the house was full. I woke up not very hungry, for once, I will blame the popcorn from the night before. I didn’t even actually eat something until after 3 which is unusual for me. I lounged the entire day in and out of my room. I read, napped and watched MTV videos until it was dinner time around 8.

Dinner was fagioli e pasta. Beans and pasta. It was really, really, really good considering that it was once a “peasant” dish. It wasn’t like soup it was more of a thick texture like mexican beans with pasta! Sprinkled with a little fresh parmesan and a glass of wine; I was happy with what was served. Since I didn’t eat much all day I couldn’t eat as much as I normally can but still made sure that they knew that I enjoyed it. S thanked me since he told me that it was his creation. Even Tommaso required a round of applause for his papa. In the back of my mind I could hear Dean Martin singing softly,” when the stars make you drool just like pasta ”fazool”…that’s amore..”

The boys, so I heard, were very dramatic today and put on many plays and shows for their parents. I heard laughter, screaming, the piano and crying so it didn’t seem different from any other day. Perhaps I missed quite the performance this afternoon. I was in one of those moods where I didn’t feel like being social. I opened my window all the way and cuddled under my blanket and read my suspense crime novel that I have not been able to put down. Next thing I knew I was asleep and my room was getting dark. Either I was tired or my book just became a bore! I look outside and I can hear the quiet drops of rain. As cars and buses fly on the street I can hear puddles being interrupted and never settle before another car or bus runs through their center. I like the sounds of rain in this city. In fact, I think that I have come to appreciate anything that is quiet since living with two kids under the age of 8.

It is quiet again right now in the house so I am going to enjoy it!

Lex

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Great find!

Our Dino lives on, huh?

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, indeed Miss AOW, our beloved Dino is more popular then ever..and cool to know really 'in" with nouveau hipsters likes Miss Lexie...keeps lovin' our Dino!