Sunday, January 29, 2012

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "I'll Always Love You (Day After Day)"

Hey pals...due to circumstances beyond my control...we're gonna be croonin' & swoonin' old style this week. A very special friend had a very special request for a tune from the Capitol years. Back before I was even a thought in my Daddy-o's Dino-infused mind!!!

"I'll Always Love You (Day After Day)" wasn't my first choice for this weeks Serenade but... Now youse know, that any man who says "no" to a friend in need (of some specially requested Dean) is DEFINATELY not a friend in deed.

So even though this very pretty song is not one of this pallies favorite of fav Dino tunes...it's still our great man doin' what he does better than any other...singin' songs of AMORE! So let's turn the clock way back for this one and kick it old school! Enjoy pals!



Day after day I'll always love you
Where just to say I'll always love you
Dear one, your nearness is my treasure
Dear one, your kiss is rich as wine

And it's mine, yes it's mine the wonder of you
Yours, love is yours, because I love you
To you I give my heart so madly madly beating
With every beat repeating I'll always love you so

And it's mine, yes it's mine the wonder of you
Yours, love is yours, because I love you
To you I give my heart so madly madly beating
With every beat repeating I'll always love you so

5 comments:

mamselle said...

what a great friend you are they're so lucky to have you

Always On Watch said...

Was the album from which this song came "The Lush Years"? That album was released in Dino's pre-Reprise days.

Danny G. said...

Thank you mamselle! Really appreciate the compliment...but we're ALL pallies here & I don't deserve any extra cred. I'm just doin' what I love to do...spreadin' the Dino-word!

Danny G. said...

Hi Ms.AOW. I don't believe this was on The Lush Years al b um. I found it on several compilation al b ums of songs from his capital years though.

Kylie said...

Hi Danny :)
I think you`ve chosen one of Deans great early songs.
I`m 21 going on 80, lol
And I`ve loved this song all my life.
I think one of the best songs from a Martin and Lewis movie.
I know we had this on an LP but I can`t remember which LP.
It wasn`t The Lush Years.
This is one of those songs I always play twice.