Sunday, January 22, 2012

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Rue de Mon Amour"

Bon Jour Pallies! I am so so excited bout' this week's Sunday Serenade! It is simply oozin' with French flair & is alledgedly one of the very few songs that our great Dean actually wrote himself!!!

It comes from a 1966 compilation al-b-um entitled "Happy In Love". ""Rue de mon Amour (Street of my Love)", is nother' bea-u-ti-ful tune bout' findin' romance in good ol' Pa ree! (That's Paris to those of you who don't follow my weak attempt at soundin' French;)

Anyways pals, I want you to pay close atten cione (French attempt again) to Dean's wonderful lyrics on this number. He truly is a man of so many talents, no one in the entertainment business today could even come close! A TRUE original. Sit back & enjoy! Au revoir pallies!



Rue de Mon Amour

You can stroll along the avenues
Choose whichever one you care to choose
But your heart's a song when you stroll along
Rue de Mon Amour

All the lovers there you chance to meet
Seem to make this street their favorite street
Love gave it its name that's how it became
Rue de Mon Amour

I was just a stranger to Pareee
Maybe she was just a stranger too
As I walked along she walked with me
And we fell in love as strangers do

You may say that I am quite naive
But I must believe what I believe
Cupid led my feet to that lovely street
Rue de Mon Amour

You may say that I am quite naive
But I must believe what I believe
Cupid led my feet to that lovely street
Rue de Mon Amour

3 comments:

CarolMR said...

FYI, this Wednesday THE SILENCERS will be shown on TCM.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks Miss Carol for that Dino-'lert! Keeps lovin' our Dino!

Kylie said...

Growing up, this was one of my favourite songs.
I remember my dad telling me when I was little that Dean wrote this, I didn`t know if my dad was serious.
Later I discovered Dean also wrote another song I love from the Bear Family Set Ridin` into Love.
Good one :)