Wednesday, April 18, 2012

and Dean Martin (has a cigarette ever looked any cooler?).

Hey pallies, likes her tag is Bonnie and she pontificates at her blog pad with the unique title, "bringyournose." (to read her explanation of said tag, clicks on the title of this Dino-gram to goes there.)

Anywho, in her post, "California dreamin'," Miss Bonnie speaks of bein' a Pennsylvania youngin' who at the age of 7 was transplanted to Cali for a few years 'cause of her father's employment. And, likes as you will read below, durin' her stay in Cali her parents took her fam to "many celebrity tennis and golf tournaments" where they snapped some great pixs of the rich and famous....includin', of course, our Dino.

When the pallies at Google blog search sent me to "bringyournose"...and I saw this oh so evocative, candid Dino-pose snapped by someone in Bonnie's family, likes pallies I was simply and totally in Dino-awe. Seein' our most beloved Dino surrounded by such adorin' chicks with his ever-present cigarette signin' 'graphs for all those ladies..likes I was thrilled to find this great Dino-moment captured for time and eternity! And, the profoundly provocative comment by Miss Bonnie, "and Dean Martin (has a cigarette ever looked any cooler?) speaks voluminous volumes 'bout our amazin' King of Cool!

Below is a wee bit from Miss Bonnie's post with said Dino-pix and Dino-comment. If likes you wanna reads more, just clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram. Hats off to Miss Bonnie for sharin' this outstandin' Dino-moment with all her readers and addin' to the Dino-pleasure of all us Dino-philes! Dino-always and ever, DMP


But it was here, in the Hollywood Riviera, during the years from about 1970-1973 that the magic of Hollywood became my reality.

My parents took us to many celebrity tennis and golf tournaments. At the time, while I had fun getting autographs and having my picture taken, I had no idea that these “celebrities” were actually Hollywood icons–legends–or would become so, anyway. I was not star struck at the time (except maybe for Bobby Sherman, my first love). But recently, I asked my parents if I could borrow our old celebrity album. And I was most definitely star struck in retrospect.




and Dean Martin (has a cigarette ever looked any cooler?).

6 comments:

CarolMR said...

True, a cigarette never looked cooler than it did when Dean Martin was holding it or smoking it. But those cool cigarettes contributed to his death, I believe. Cigarettes may look cool, but they are NOT cool for your health.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Miss Carol everythin' you have said is true....thanks for sharin'. Keeps lovin' our Dino!

Danny G. said...

Ms. CarolMR definately speaks the Dino-truth...but gotta admits...I'm lovin' that pic!

Danny G

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Danny-o you sez 'xactly what I was thinkin'! Keeps lovin' our Dino!

CarolMR said...

I love Dino so much that, even though he looked cooler than cool with a cigarette, if he had never smoked he might still be with us. Who knows?

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Miss Carol, wonderful to hear you proclaim your Dino-adulation for all of us to know. From what I know 'bout the condition of our Dino in his last few years...includin' the tragic death of his most beloved namesake boypallie Dino Jr....I believe that our Dino was more then prepared to depart this life...he had lived it to the full...and he was ready to move on.
Keeps lovin' our Dino!