Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I would like to thank God for my stepmother, auctions, and, most importantly, Dean Martin

Hey pallies, likes today we return yet again to our Dino-lovin' Deanager R.C.'s blog space, "The Shades Of Black And White," for yet 'nother message of deepest, purest ant truest Dino-devotion. Recently durin' the month of our great man's birth, June, we have been followin' R.C.'s ravin' reviews of three of our most beloved Dino's fab flicks.

Today, we check in with her as you shares her most personal, most Dino-hearted reflections yet......her most wonderful testimony of the transformin' power of Dino.
Don't want to takes any thunder 'way from this passionate Dino-devotee, so am gonna leaves it us to youse to read each and every lovin' Dino-thought she shares.

ilovedinomartin is likes simply delighted to share Miss R.C.'s amazin' amore of our Dino to imspire even more Dino-devotion in each of us that loves our King of Cool. To view this in it's original format, simply clicks on the title of this Dino-message. Thanks R.C. for showin' the way to many many of your peers to knowin', lovin', and honorin' our Dino! Dino-delightedly, DMP

I Cried Like a Baby . . .
Okay, first thing first: THANK GOD FOR AUCTIONS!
Now, let me explain the title and topic sentence of this here post. My stepmother likes to go to auctions. This past Saturday, she took me to one, and I quite enjoyed it. I got a few old Classic Hollywood things, and she got a boat load of stuff. I went with her because I'm on the lookout for a record player. Not one of those record players that also has a AM/FM radio, a CD player, and you can hook you iPod up to it. No. I'm on the lookout for a legit record player, the kind that everybody had in their homes in the forties and the fifties. I mentioned this to my stepmother who talked to the people at another auction that she went to tonight, and she told me when she got back to the house that they're all on the lookout for one for me.
In the meantime, knowing what I like, and who I like, she brought to me the most wonderful of presents:







THEY'RE MINE! ALL MINE!


She also got me a Bill Crosby record entitled "I started out as a child . . ." which I know it's going to be hilarious because after all it is Bill Crosby we're talking about here, and a very young one at that. A Simon and Garfunkel record entitled Bridge Over Troubled Water. Now, I've never really listed to Simon and Garfunkel before so I don't really know if I like them or not, but what the heck, I'll give them a try. An Elvis Presley record entitled Elvis' Golden Records which includes the songs: "Hound Dog", "Loving You", "All Shook Up", "Heartbreak Hotel", "Jailhouse Rock", "Love Me", etc. It's Elvis; I already know I'm going to love it. And finally, KC and the Sunshine Band. Again, just as Simon and Garfunkel, I've heard of them, but I don't really think I've ever heard their music, so I don't know if I'm going to like them or not, but again, I don't really care either way because I've got


DEAN!!!!!


And the beauty of it all is that I've been eyeing these exact records (along with all the others) on Amazon. Wanting. Wishing. Dreaming, that one day they would be mine. And now, I have them. When my stepmother was showing me the records, the first one I saw was the Bill Crosby one, and I thought, "Hmm, okay. I'll be getting some laughs out of that one. Then she showed me Elvis, and I was like, "Alright! The King!" And then, she showed me the first Dean record, Gentle on My Mind. My heart leaped to my throat and sat there like a stone. I could only stare. I was speechless. Then she unveiled the next one, I'm Proud of What I Am. I sat there dumbfounded. Not knowing what to say or do or how to react. At last, my tounge recovered from it's amnesia, and I could at last speak my words of deep and heartfelt gratitude. When I was left alone at last, I broke down. I'm not going to lie, I hugged the two records to my chest, and I cried like a baby. I could only think over and over in my mind, "Dean. Dean. Dean."
Though I "discovered" Dean Martin at the late age of thirteen, thanks to my mother, and though he's been gone from this world for sixteen years now, his music, his films, clips of his shows (and now select few episodes on DVD) has been there for me when I needed him the most ever since I was thirteen, and I am now seventeen. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, and when I'm down, he's there to bring me back up again. I will never able to meet him, but if I could I would thank him for the sole reason of giving me (and everyone in this whole world) a chance to enjoy his talents, and love him as a performer and as a human being. He's helped me in ways that words in any language would never be able to explain, and if they were, it would all sound corny.
So, in a few final words, I would like to thank God for my stepmother, auctions, and, most importantly, Dean Martin

No comments: