Monday, July 22, 2013

I love Martin and Lewis.





Hey pallies, likes ilovedinomartin always always loves puttin' the accent on 'nother of today's young adults who loves our Dino, and through the magic of google blog search we happened about a young lady tagged Kristin who hangs her hat at the blog "Sew TECHNICOLOR."

The theme of Miss Kirstin's post is "Martin and Lewis." which she and her mom are enjoyin' watchin' every Saturday night via a little screen channel tagged RETRO TV that is showin' the duo's antics from the "Colgate Comedy Hour" they hosted.   It is simply simply delightful to hear someone of Miss Kristin's youth proclaimin' boldly to her readership that "I love Martin and Lewis."

In addition to her patter 'bout the shows, Miss Kristin also has included a trio of great clips from the Colgates for our Dino and the Jer's viewin' pleasure.  And, in addition I noticed elsewhere on her blog that she has also recently watched our most beloved Dino and Miss Judy Holliday in that absolutely classic big screen musicale, "Bells Are Ringing."   Likes I wouldn't be surprised to find out soon that she has turned into a full blown Dino-devotee!

ilovedinomartin salutes Miss Kristin for sharin' her delight in viewin' the Martin and Lewis Colgate Comedy Hours with her mother....helpin' others to grow in knowin', lovin', and honorin' our Dino!  To checks this out in it's original format, simply clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram.   Dino-reportin', DMP




Martin and Lewis.

Every Saturday night, me and Mom watch The Colgate Comedy Hour. (It comes on this channel calledRetro TV that we pick up with our small antenna.) So far they've only played the shows that were hosted by Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, which is fine with me. But I would like to see some of the others that featured Bob Hope.

I love Martin and Lewis. They just bounce off of each other perfectly...the only comedy team I can think of that is this awesome together is Bing Crosby and Bob Hope.

These guys seriously put everything they have into every performance. By the end of the show, they're out of breath and wiping sweat. My dad doesn't usually watch it with us, but when he does, he even mentions that. That's one of the things I love about classic TV and films...the stars were actually talented. Unlike all of the goobers who have their own shows now. :)

We know all of Jerry Lewis' bits by now. Me and Mom often say, "I like it! I like it!" in obnoxious voices. We recognize bits as they're coming, like the whiny "Don't (insert verb like kiss, lick, fly, etc.) it!" one. Or when Dean asks Jerry if he's ever done something, and Jerry runs all around the question. Then Dean says, "Have you?", and Jerry hangs his head and says, "Well...no."

Some episodes are funnier than others. (And we like the comedy best. We groan when Dean starts singing another slow ballad or when they have some boring dancers on the show.) There have been a couple of episodes where I laughed through the whole hour. I mean really laughed, with tears rolling down my face and when my guts hurt afterwards. :)

Here are a few of my favorite clips that we've seen so far.

The shaving scene in this clip is hilarious. I love it when they crack up at each other- it looks like they're having so much fun.


Here, Jerry was spoofing Marlon Brando and some TV show called "The Continental." I've never even seen a Marlon Brando film or the show, but oh my goodness, this made me laugh. (I just really love it when Jerry or Dean can't help but break character and laugh.) "You been going to the gym, ain't ya?"

My favorite shows are the ones where they end with Dean and Jerry in front of the band. Because then you know they're going to dance and goof off. I love this clip because the Four Step Brothers are amazing, but mostly I love it because Jerry Lewis dancing is one of the best things ever. :)


Until next time,

No comments: